16 June 2007

Good week


It's been a good week here. I'd been worried about the big family excursion to the dentist, given how awful that had been for my youngest daughter last time, but we've been doing lots of reading of every "going to the dentist" book the library had (I bet her dad knows them by heart) and lots of playing dentist during the day for about a month now, and she ended up doing phenomenally well. The hygienist polished and gave her a fluoride treatment and the dentist double-checked everything as well. Yay, little G! It all looked so appealing to her little brother that he clambered right up on top of both of us for his turn!


We were also treated to a homemade apple pie by my eldest daughter. I didn't manage to get a picture of it till afterwards, but it was delicious. I was actually a bit jealous of her ability to make and roll out such a good pie crust-- her first solo time, no less-- when I am always having to piece it together in the bottom of the pan. She also baked some more cupcakes and decorated them with the help of her next younger sister. Yum-- we have been quite spoiled by all these home-baked goods since the kitchen remodel was finished.

I am about 3/4 done, I would say, with the latest pair of men's socks. They are a modification of "gentlemen's fancy dress socks" from Knitting Vintage Socks out of Online in one of the Sierra colorways. This is my second pair of these. They are a slightly boring knit, but look very nice once on, and I am told are comfortable as well. I would really like to finish them up this weekend but am not sure if I will be able to.

No comments: