12 June 2007

the pressure, the pressure

Well, it is certainly surprising me just how much time this takes. My teenage son is pressuring me to add updates to keep this from being boring, so I, of course, need to point out that it is a knitting blog and thus by it's very nature going to be boring to him no matter how often I update...

I did have a bit of knitting needle mishap yesterday. I had stuffed the 5th of one of my double points in a ball of yarn and I guess it got stepped on at a weekend concert or recital or something, because it was mangled right in the middle and quite some trouble to get it out of the yarn without causing lots of damage to the yarn as well. This was my first broken bamboo needle, though, so pretty lucky, I guess. I don't know how come so many people use those birch dpn's because I can break those just while knitting. It is unfortunate that neither of my LYS's carries the Crystal Palace dpn's. I ended up shopping from Webs today to replace the broken needle and get a second set of 2.25 mm. dpn's while I was at it. I'm trying out the Pony Pearls. And, since I was paying for shipping anyway, I bought enough Noro Iro to make an easy scarf this summer-- planning ahead for some simple post-surgery knitting, so really there was no choice but to buy it!

We did have a nice visit from first cousins Sunday night into Monday on their way back from Connecticut. Small cousin F is chubby as ever and very nearly walking. His big sister E was a bit belligerent but still pretty cute-- she told me that the plastic kid's kitchen beans were "roast and tender".

I should get back to my knitting. Maybe next time I will start to figure out how to manage the side bars. Oy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.