14 July 2008

Spinning!



My first handspun!


I am taking a class and learning to spin on a wheel. The class was a little torturous, but I have already knit those teeny little skeins (about 35 yards total) as stripes in a hat. The hat came out a bit larger than I intended, but I fulled it a bit and like it quite a lot. (The handspun is Romney wool and the other yarn is Mostly Merino.) Now, if the hat would only dry out and the temperature drop 60 degrees, I could wear it out of the house...

3 more spinning classes to go. Can my feet take it? Will I stop getting a frigging headache while spinning? Will I end up getting sucked into buying a wheel? Stay tuned, and perhaps I will promptly update my blog again sometime this fall...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

...nearly 2 years since last post. one wonders - where is booboo?